It is important to us that all our website visitors are equally able to view our website, so we have collected together some guidance and resources to help you improve your online experience.
If you need to increase the size of the text on our website, most browsers allow you to do this using your keyboard.
- ‘Ctrl’ and ‘+‘ to zoom in (use ‘Cmd‘ and ‘+’ on a Mac)
- ‘Ctrl’ and ‘–’ to zoom out (use ‘Cmd‘ and ‘–’ on a Mac)
- ‘Ctrl‘ and ‘0′ to return the page to normal size (use ‘Cmd‘ and ‘0‘ on a Mac)
All images, where appropriate, have alternative text descriptions explaining what the image is about. This description will be read out by screen readers and will be displayed if you hover your cursor over the image.
All links to other websites will open up a new browser window. If you want to return to our website after following an external link, you just need to close the new browser window.
Problems accessing our site?
Where can I get more advice about making my web browsing experience better?
Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar
At Brighter Dental, we have added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
Recite Me is an innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors to our website view and use it in the way that works best for them.
It helps the one in five people in the UK who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, to access our websites in the way that suits them best.
It also meets the needs of the one in ten people in the UK who don’t speak English as their first language, by being able to translate our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the “me ACCESSIBILITY” button.
The “me ACCESSIBILITY” button appears in the bottom left hand corner on every page of our website.
After you click on the “me ACCESSIBILITY” the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people to access our website to do the things they need to do, such as find information on the services we provide, read our latest news, get contact information and much more.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colours
- Customise background colour
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
Back: Rewind to the previous paragraph of text
Play: Click the Play button to read the text aloud
Forward: Skip forward to the next paragraph of text
Decrease: This will decrease the text size
Font: You can change the font that displays on the page
Increase: This will increase the text size
Colour, Ruler & Screen Mask
Colour: Change the background, text and link colours
Ruler: Click to enable the reading ruler
Screen Mask: Will create a letterbox for focused viewing of a section of the page
Dictionary, Translation & Magnifier
Dictionary: Highlight and click on this to find the definition of the word
Language: Translate text into a different language
Magnifier: Click and drag the magnifying glass to magnify text on the screen
Plain Text Mode, Margins & Audio Download
Text Mode: Remove images and view in plain text mode
Margins: Change the text dimensions by narrowing the width of the text column
Download Audio: Highlight the text then click the button to download text as an audio file
Settings: Adjust your Recite settings
Reset: This will restore the default settings
User Guide: Will give you an overview of the Recite Me Toolbar Features
- Tab – to move to the next toolbar button.
- Shift+Tab – to go backwards
- Spacebar to select a button and to change toggles
- ctrl+right – play next element
- ctrl+left – Play previous element
- ctrl+alt+p – play the current element
- ctrl+alt+f – show font menu
- ctrl+alt+c – show theme menu
- ctrl+r – Enable/Disable ruler
- ctrl+d – Enable/Disable dictionary
- ctrl+l – Show translation languages
- ctrl+x – Enable/Disable text-only mode
- ctrl+m – Show page margin settings
- ctrl+shift+o – Show/Disable settings menu
- ctrl+s – Save settings
Useful Videos on how to use ReciteMe