of Brighter Dental services
We are so proud of our Brighter Dental team, many of whom have been working alongside their West Country Dental Care colleagues in delivering emergency dental care from our Urgent Dental Care Hubs across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s been tough, as you can read here, but our track record in delivering safe dental care in these circumstances is now second to none.
Whilst we continue to provide this emergency care from our Hubs, from 8th June dental practices were permitted to resume more patient care and therefore we are phasing back a range of Brighter Dental services in Penzance and Bodmin, initially prioritising those patients who:
- Experienced a dental emergency during lockdown but have not been able to access treatment
- Began but have been unable to complete their course of treatment
After this we will be in a position to resume routine dental care but it may be some time before our services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Above all the safety of our patients and our people remains our utmost priority and we thank you for your patience at this time.
Any patients registered at Brighter Dental in Newquay or Saltash, please contact Bodmin for support at this time.
What to do if you need us:
- Patients requiring emergency treatment at this time can contact us via 0333 405 0290 – our colleagues will arrange an initial telephone consultation with one of our dentists prior to referring you to a Hub, if required
- Patients requiring a Brighter Dental appointment can call 0333 405 0291 – our colleagues will explain what services are currently available in each of our locations and how/when you can access them
- Whilst we are of course observing social distancing, please continue to telephone our practices rather than attend in person without an appointment
- Except for children and patients with carers, please attend your appointment alone and arrive at the practice at your allotted time – if you arrive early please wait outside. If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 after booking your appointment please contact us and we will reschedule
- Instead of calling the practice on your arrival and waiting outside, patients now have the option to remotely self-check in for appointments via text message from our patient management system – this will be sent to you on the day of your appointment with the link being active 30 minutes before you are due to be seen
Our commitments to you:
We will continue to follow the guidance from governing bodies and adhere to any new guidance that has been issued, ensuring that our clinical operations and infection control procedures are current. These will also guide how we interact with you prior to, during and after your appointment so you may see other changes such as:
- Greater communication in advance of your appointment to ask some screening questions and it is likely you will be asked those same questions and more when you attend for your appointment
- Hand sanitiser and other safety protocols will be in place when you enter the practice
- Appointment times and procedures will ensure social distancing from other patients during both arrival and departure, and in the waiting room
- Card payments only, no cash, and where possible payment will be taken over the phone upon booking your appointment
- Thorough clean-down protocols between patients in surgery
All these measures and more are to protect our patients and our colleagues, and please don’t worry, we will explain these thoroughly in advance of and during your visit to our practice. However, this will impact on the number of appointments we can schedule in a day and also on our ability to operate strictly to the scheduled appointment times, so again we thank you for your patience as more of our services become available.
Please take a look at the Oral Health Foundation’s poster here, which explains the changes you can expect when attending for a dental appointment.