What do I need to bring with me?

  • A list of any medication you are taking
  • Proof of exemption from payment for treatment (if relevant)
  • Cash or debit card to pay for treatment (if not exempt)


What can I expect at my appointment?

On arrival you will be asked to fill in a medical history form (and an NHS payment form, if relevant). You will be asked for payment or proof of exemption. The dentist will then call you into the surgery and will ask you some questions about your general health, the forms you have completed and the reason for your visit.

The dentist will then begin assessing you and may need to undertake some tests such as an x-ray. The dentist will then discuss treatment options with you. Once you have agreed on an option the dentist will start the treatment.

The dentist will be assisted by a dental nurse at all times. Once your treatment is completed you may be given post-operative instructions and you will be discharged.


Will I need to come back for treatment?

We do advise regular check-ups with your dentist as well as hygienist visits in order to maintain good oral health care but the clinical team will advise you about this before you leave.


How do I transition from a West Country Dental Care emergency dentist to a more regular care routine with Brighter Dental?

Simply talk to the dental nurse or receptionist before you leave and they can advise you accordingly. Alternatively please call the Brighter Dental practice closest to you on the numbers listed here.


How do I make an appointment?

To make an appointment please call the Brighter Dental practice closest to you on the numbers listed here.


Can I eat and drink after my treatment?

The dentist will advise you about eating and drinking at the end of your appointment, as it is dependant on the treatment you have had. We advise that you eat as normal prior to your dental appointment.

You are also welcome to visit the Patient Information Zone for even more information about visiting the dentist and looking after your oral health. This sits within our sister service West Country Dental Care and provides very useful guidance for all patients.


What can I do if I am not happy with my treatment?

In order for us to continually improve our services and respond to patient needs, we welcome feedback, comments and suggestions. If you have any ideas about how we can do something better please let us know.

We welcome positive feedback, but if you have a complaint please let us know as soon as possible using the contact details below. We will do our upmost to resolve any issues quickly.

To submit feedback, you can use one of the following options:

Email: smiletogether.feedback@nhs.net

Call us: 0333 405 0290

Write to us: Feedback, Smile Together Dental CIC, Harleigh Road Dental Centre, Marks Drive, Bodmin, PL31 1AH


How do I request a copy of my dental records?

As a patient, you have the right to:

Confidentiality – Under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the Common Law Duty of Confidentiality (the Disability, Equality and Race Relations Acts may also apply)

Ask for a copy of all records about you – These will be held in paper or electronic form

Choose someone to make decisions about your healthcare – If you become unable to do so (this is called ‘a power of attorney’). We have a duty to:

  • Maintain full and accurate records of the care we provide;
  • Keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate;
  • Provide information in a format that is accessible to you (for example, in large type if you are partially sighted).

For more information please visit: www.ico.org.uk


To request a copy of your information please contact us using one of the following options:

Email: smiletogether.infogov@nhs.net

Call us: 0333 405 0290

Write to us: Information Governance Team, Smile Together Dental CIC, Harleigh Road Dental Centre, Marks Drive, Bodmin, PL31 1AH